We want our forums and chat to be a place where everyone, regardless of who they are, can gather to socialize and talk with like-minded people in a safe and welcoming environment.
Don’t Be Disrespectful
This rule is the essence of all of the other rules combined. If you make our forums a less pleasant place to be, we don’t want you here and we have no problem revoking your account. Here are a couple of the things you should stay away from:
- Flaming Calling people names; this includes calling others a troll
- Trolling Posting inflammatory, extraneous or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.
- Offensive Posts Please read what you wrote before you post it and think if anyone else could find it offensive. If it sounds offensive and isn’t serving any non-offensive purpose then rethink why you are posting it.
- Rants You can disagree with whatever you like but using large amounts of obscene language and CAPS is against our policies. There should be no reason to be aggressive towards anyone. If someone is disrespecting you or anyone else let a moderator know and they can handle it appropriately. Report, ignore and move on.
- Ban Jumping If you create another account after being permanently banned, suspended or on probation, both of your accounts will be automatically banned.
If you find someone is violating one of these rules, report them and let the moderators do their job. Responding to a troll or someone who may have flamed you will only get you in trouble. Report, ignore and move on.
Have Respect for Others
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but no one is entitled to attack others for sharing, or not sharing, that opinion. If you can’t communicate without using combative, aggressive, or demeaning language, then please keep those comments to yourself. Deliberately inflammatory threads; posts written with the sole intention of irritating people; attacks toward or inappropriate commentary regarding the staff, creators, or other posters; or attempts to derail a thread or chat will be removed, as will your forum or chat privileges.
Have Respect for the Site and its Content
Constructive criticism is welcomed; negativity for its own sake is not. Discussions instructing or otherwise advocating security mechanisms, media protections or similar facilities will not be tolerated. If we find you being slanderous with regard to any part of What You Want Productions (herein referred to as WYWP), you will be penalized. This includes, but is not limited to, communication of a statement that makes a claim, expressly stated or implied to be factual, that may give WYWP, an individual creator, advertiser, site sponsor, product, group, government or nation a negative image. In short, if you say something you better be able to back it up with fact.
Regardless of what some of our content creators may say, do or provoke within their videos or articles, this does not give members the ability to act in the same way. They are entertainers and if they brought their language or flaming into the forums, they would be held accountable, just as any other forum member of WYWP would be.
Put Some Effort Into Your Communication
A well-made thread or a well-written comment engages its audience and facilitates discussion. We do ask that posters take just a little time to make their posts as readable as possible and keep their responses on topic. We also ask that you take a moment to check your spelling and grammar. Here are a couple things to avoid:
- Topic-less Thread Creation Posting a thread without any discussion value, or with a deliberately misleading title, will get you penalized and your thread locked. This includes creating a poll without an accompanying discussion.
Use Our Forums Appropriately
Our forums are a place to talk with like-minded people, not a place to advertise your blog, webpage, YouTube channel or commercial enterprise. Your profile has a place for such things, and that is where it should stay.
Similarly, posts including, advocating, or linking to illegal or adult material are a very quick way to end your time as part of the community. Examples of these are:
- Ad Blockers
- Illegal Drugs in the United States
- Illegal Acts in the United States
- Sexist, Racist or Perverted Remarks
Posting Pics or Videos
Any pictures or videos that are vulgar, racist, hateful, spam or contain advertisements or nudity will be taken down immediately.
We do not enjoy banning people, but we will not hesitate to do so if we think that a person’s removal will have an overall positive effect on the community. We will make a good faith effort to avoid banning by using, but not limited to, warnings and notifications. We reserve the right to make judgments on the severity and punishment of each and every situation.
Moderators and staff are human and sometimes make mistakes. For this reason, we have an appeal system that members can utilize to plead their case in hopes of a reversal of a penalty. Once you have received a penalty, a message will be sent to you via email. Included in the email are also steps to start the appeal process.
All appeals are normally seen within 48 hours of your appeal, except on weekends.